So I got the iron out, and then discovered that it only takes me sitting at my computer for 5 seconds for the creases to return.
I guess you can't have it all.
Anyway, I had a wee photoshoot in my living room. Wanna see?
Not unsimilar to the first Pastille, there seems to be a funny thing with the waistline, which, like before, I never noticed until the very end. See how the fabric pulls from the top of the skirt darts? If I raised the sides of the skirt just half an inch they disappear, so I might see if I can have a fiddle without messing up the hemline.
For the first time, I hand stitched the hem! With the contrast band there was no way it was going to look good if I machine sewed it, so I bit the bullet and went to Youtube. I used a herringbone stitch, which I liked, but I'll probably try another one next time to get a feel for some different hand stitches. I don't do much by hand. Ever.
I also herringboned the facings down, but the little stitches (or where they're being pulled) are not invisible. Definitely improvements to be made there, but if I discover a better way I can easily redo that part in the future.
That's all for now, but I have recently purchased a somewhat ridiculous amount of patterns, so if I can get my arse into my sewing room more there will be many new things to come! Yay!